The purpose of this document is to support eligible Early Learning Programs/Providers in applying for the Colorado Shines Quality Improvement Funding.
As of June 1st, 2021 the HSQI Funding abbreviation will become ESQI. ESQI will still include Programs Level 1-5 that serve families with High Needs (as defined by School Readiness Rule 7.716.1 CCR) and seek or maintain a higher quality rating. The CSQI Funding abbreviation will become TSQI and is still for Programs Level 1-5 that have a CCCAP Fiscal in place and seek or maintain a higher quality rating.
Programs with a CCCAP fiscal Agreement will be directed to the TSQI Application and Programs without the CCCAP Fiscal Agreement will be directed to the ESQI Application. Please note that getting an active CCCAP Fiscal will not change the Type of Funding you are awarded if you already have an Accepted Application.
See the steps below for guidance on this Process!
**PLEASE NOTE: You are only eligible to apply for EITHER ESQI OR TSQI (not Both). The system will guide you through the Application you are eligible for. (If you already have an Accepted Application for one Funding Stream you will not be able to apply for the other).
*Helpful Reminder: If you are having trouble seeing the screenshots in any of these articles click directly on the image to enlarge the picture for more clarity!
Step 1: Go to your QRIS Colorado Shines Provider Hub Portal (www.coloradoshines.com) and log in.
Step 2: From your Home page click on the blue "Apply for QI Funds" button.
**You will see this loading text. Please do not navigate away from his page**
Step 3: After the page is done loading you will see the Quality Improvements Incentives and Program Supports Page.
- Use the side bars on the right to scroll down to view the Funding your Program is eligible for. It will say "Your Program is eligible to apply for the Following Funding Opportunities" in the orange tab above the Funding you can fill out an Application for.
**Remember: You are only eligible to apply for EITHER ESQI OR TSQI (not Both). The system will guide you through the Application you are eligible for.
- Make sure to check the box labeled "The information on the Program Profile, Children, Classrooms, and High Needs Tabs of our Colorado Shines Application is Current and correct" then click on the blue “Renew or Apply” button to start your Application.
Step 4: Start your Application:
- To start the TSQI Application, click the blue “Start Application” button for the “Program” listed as “Colorado Shines Quality Improvement Targeted (TSQI)”
- To start the ESQI Application, click the blue “Start Application” button for the “Program” listed as “Colorado Shines Quality Improvement Expanded (ESQI)”
- To proceed click the blue “Next" button
Step 5: For either Application you will have to verify your Key Contact and their information (the primary individual for whom your Early Childhood Council can contact regarding your QI Application and status of funding)
- If the information is incorrect, please select the option to choose a different primary contact (this option will allow you to insert their information). If your Primary Contact is not listed, then you can click on the blue box labeled “I would like to add an additional Contact”.
- Once the information looks good, continue by clicking the blue “Next & Save” button –
Step 6: You will be asked to complete and review some basic Program information on both the TSQI and ESQI Applications. Please make sure you complete each question. Continue by selecting the blue “Next & Save” button.
- TSQI – Targeted Application questions will look like this:
- ESQI – Expanded Application question will look like this:
- For both ESQI and TSQI you will be shown "Review of Commitments" text:
TSQI "Review of Commitments":
ESQI "Review of Commitments":
- Scroll down and Click "Next & Save"
Step 7: On the "You're Almost Done!" page check the box on the right of the application you are submitting to indicate that you have completed your program’s Application:
- IF TSQI – TAREGETED Application it will look like this:
- IF ESQI – EXPANDED Application it will look like this:
Upon checking the box, a message regarding your submission will display – please review it carefully. Then, click the blue “Submit” button to submit your application for review. We recommend printing your application for your records.
Once you have submitted your QI Application you will see this Confirmation page:
Your Early Childhood Council will be in touch with next steps!