It may seem far off, but the end of this fiscal year is right around the corner.
Here are some expert tips for getting your Council in order before the craziness of year-end really kicks in!
1. Make sure to check your "deadline" fields!
There are two separate but very important fields that you can set to whatever deadlines you want:
- The Expiration Date field on each Application Requisition: this determines the last day that ecConnect users (providers) can submit new spending requests or that Coaches can log new visits in ecConnect.
Behind the Scenes: The default date is set to 6/15/21 (6/30/21 for the TEST site I used above) - if you want this moved earlier for ALL of your providers, please contact the helpdesk!
- The "Council Spending End Date" field on the Funding Stream module (under the QI Dollars Detail Tab): this determines the last day that ALL Spending and Coaching must be completely processed and reconciled by Council staff in Sugar.
** Bonus Tip: Make sure you share these dates with providers and your Council staff so everyone gets their Spending/Coaching done on time!
2. Make sure to check your requisition balances!
See how programs are doing on using their funding and coaching. If you want to look at a list of all your programs with active Colorado Shines resources, one option is to use the #! Requisitions Quick View report.
- More tips for reading requisition records check out the How to Read a Requisition Article.
3. Catch those lingering Spending Requests and Coaching Details!
Remember, by the end of the fiscal year ALL records should be in either "Reconciled" or "Cancelled" status
Another easy way to get a list of any Spending requests that still need to be completely processed is to go to the Spending module in Sugar and use a filter. We recommend starting with a filter where: "Status" --"Is Not Any Of" --"Reconciled (locked)". This will show all spending requests that haven't quite been finished. You can keep adding to or changing your filter(s) to drill down further.
- Get more tips on filtering records in the Sugar 101 - How to "Filter" in Sugar article
4. Move your funds to where they will be utilized!
Several months before the end of the fiscal year is a great time to start checking with Providers to ensure that they have a plan for how and when they want to use their QI funding and coaching hours. While ideally every Program would use every resource that they are allocated at the beginning of the year, sometimes this realistically isn't going to happen. If you know a program is going to forfeit their dollars or coaching hours, you can transfer it to another Program who may need it!
- Read more about transfers, conversions, and forfeitures in the article Transfers and Conversions - The Basics !